Old-time farm games such as the Potato Sack Race, Stuff a Scarecrow Contest, Cross Saw Competition, Cow Milking Contest, and more! The Farmers Market, Grain Elevator Museum, SG Ag Society Concession, Spruce Grove Archives will also be open. Also again this year - the Prairie Ornamental Avicultural Association will be at the SG Grain Elevator Site. Great way to wind-up the summer!
Proudly serving the community for over 44 years!
Since then, the Grain Elevator site has become a very busy venue with different old fashion carnivals and fairs, specifically tailored towards kids and families. Each year thousands of visitors from Canada and around the world visit the Grain Elevator Museum, Archives, and Farmers' Market. The Agricultural Society also sponsors the Spruce Grove Archives, and sponsors two students to attend the annual ACCA educational Youth Program.
Several annual summer fund-raising events such as Flapjacks at the Tracks Community Pancake Breakfast, the Farm & Heritage Carnival, and the Harvest Fair are hosted by the Ag Society and are popular among community members and visitors. Events hosted at the Elevator Museum site are for the purpose of raising funds to support ongoing maintenance of the Grain Elevator and restored Water Tower, educational programs, and promotions for the Agricultural Society.
- 2016 - Re-painting of the exterior, foundation, and wall repair, and front and back door replacement.
- 2016 - 3 new flag poles installed.
- 2016 - moved a donated vintage red barn onto the Spruce Grove Grain Elevator site.
- 2011 - the restoration of the old Spruce Grove Water Tower that served Spruce Grove citizens until 1978.
- 2012 - painting and restoration of the wooden Grain Elevator Museum
- The Spruce Grove & District Agricultural Society's long-term goal is to build an Elevator Emporium - a building which will serve as a major tourist and heritage facility for the City of Spruce Grove. The building will be constructed on the elevator site and will resemble a period train station. It will house the Spruce Grove Archives, the Museum collection, Tea House, Gift Shop, and a conference room. This dynamic centre will serve visitors and tourists, but could also be used as a facility for community events and groups. In February 2016, a building project feasibility study was completed, and was presented to the City of Spruce Grove at a counsel meeting in June, 2016.
Farm & Heritage Carnival
Come join the fun! Old-fashioned carnival environment for kids of all ages. Pony Carousel Rides! Thistle Farm Petting Zoo! We will have fresh Corn on the Cob, Burgers, and Hotdogs! Win prizes at the old-fashioned carnival games, or Western Shoot-out! Try the Giant Bouncy Fun House Inflatable Obstacle Course! Be entertained by the Balloon Twister! A Face Painting Artist will be on hand to bedazzle! Listen to musical guests - musicians will be performing on the ATCO sound stage! Tour the historic Spruce Grove Grain Elevator while here, and visit the district's Archives. The Spruce Grove Farmers Market will also be open - so there is something for everyone. Great way to spend a fun afternoon with your family right here in Spruce Grove. Game tickets range from $1 - 5. The Farm & Heritage Carnival is a fund-raising event hosted by the Spruce Grove & District Agricultural Society - a community focused non-profit group - who own and operate the historic wooden grain elevator museum.
Flapjacks at the Tracks Community Pancake Breakfast
Community Pancake Breakfast! Held at the historic Grain Elevator site, this event is fun for the whole family. While dining, enjoy live music by Aron Reppert! On the menu - pancakes, sausages, farmer's scrambled eggs, & juice. Breakfast prices: Big Bee $5, Lil' Bee $3.
Car Boot / Tailgate Sale - June 11
Want to have a garage sale - but don't have a a garage? Or have a garage, but don't want the hassle of having people visit you at your home? Rent some space at the Spruce Grove Ag Society Car Boot / Tailgate Sale! Only $25 rents you space for your vehicle for the entire day, plus you also get use of a table for the day. This is an outdoor event on the historic Spruce Grove Grain Elevator grounds. Please call (780)960-4600 to reserve a spot today. The Ag Society is also accepting donations of your unwanted goods, to sell at the sale. Proceeds go to various cultural programs and initiatives that the Spruce Grove Ag Society, a non-profit group, are sponsoring.
Scott Woods Concert
The Scott Woods Show consistently delivers uplifting, quality entertainment with plenty of variety including old time fiddling, sensational step dancing, traditional country & Gospel music, trick fiddling, inspirational stories and home spun family humour. This fun evening of entertainment, is one of the Ag Society's fundraisers for the year.
A huge Thank You to the businesses listed below!
Our community events would not be such a success without their support.
McLeod's Spruce Grove
The following businesses have been very supportive in the upkeep, repair, and maintenance of the historic wooden grain elevator and other buildings and grounds at the grain elevator site. The Ag Society would like to sincerely thank the businesses listed below for their continued support.
|McLeod's Spruce Grove|
You are visitor number: 199466